We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DIRECTOR, CREATIVE SYNC (New York)
The Primary Wave Sync Licensing department is seeking a New York-based Director of Creative Sync. This is an opportunity for an experienced creative exec to join our dynamic team and work with some of the world’s most iconic music.
This is a creative/pitch position that reports to the SVP/Head of Sync, and would work closely with the entire Sync team as well as other Primary Wave departments.
The ideal Director of Creative Sync candidate:
● Has 8-10+ years sync licensing experience at a music publisher, record label, ad agency, music supervision company or a similar position in a Sync / Licencing department
● Has an extensive, proven track record of proactively pitching and landing syncs in various visual media
● Has a very deep, established network of music supervision and other contacts in advertising and in film/TV music organizations, and is proactive in creating new client relationships
● Has thorough knowledge of music licensing, copyright, and the evolving advertising and film/tv music industries.
● Is a proactive self-starter who also works well as part of a team
● Is highly proficient in Microsoft Office, iTunes, Disco or similar music pitching platforms
● Has a strong work ethic and strives to make a positive impact on overall Sync
department and company priorities
● Is passionate about music and our industry!
In the position, the Director of Creative Sync would:
● Pitch Primary Wave’s roster of classic artist catalogs, contemporary writers and management clients to advertising agencies, music supervisors, film/tv studio departments and others in the creative business community, identifying and generating creative sync opportunities and revenue for our artists
● Organize showcases and other artist / client events and meetings
● Work with other internal departments to assist with onboarding newly-acquired catalogs
and other new partnerships
● Handle incoming sync licensing requests and approvals while liaising with songwriters and managers, film/TV and advertising clients, as well as co-rights holders and publishing administration partners
● Assist in department and company projects as needed
● Be a key part of a collaborative and supportive team, while working with some of the
world’s most all-time iconic music.
Location: New York
Compensation package includes salary, benefits and 401k.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
MANAGER, SYNC CLEARANCE & LICENSING (Los Angeles)
The Primary Wave Sync Licensing department is seeking a Manager, Sync Clearance & Licensing to join our Los Angeles team.
Primary Wave Music is the leading independent publisher of iconic and legendary music in the world. The company is home to some of the most iconic songwriters, artists, and record labels across the history of recorded music including James Brown, Bob Marley, Stevie Nicks, Smokey Robinson, Burt Bacharach, Ray Charles, Sun Records, and many more. Throughout the company’s 16-year existence, Primary Wave has earned a reputation for being forward-thinking and re-introducing classic artists and their music into the modern marketplace, as well as nurturing young talent. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of iconic artists and catalogs that not only reflect great artistry, but impact and influence culture.
We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented team member to join our Sync department in the full-time position of Manager, Sync Clearance & Licensing (Los Angeles).
The role will report to the SVP/Head of Sync and will work closely with the entire Sync team as well as other departments.
The ideal Sync Clearance & Licensing Manager candidate:
- Has minimum 4-5 years prior music clearance and licensing experience at a music publisher, record label or similar position in a Sync department
- Has a working knowledge of music publishing and licensing fundamentals
- Has excellent attention to detail, is well-organized
- Is a self-starter who also works well as part of a team
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office
- Can multitask different priorities
- Is passionate about music!!
- Has a strong work ethic and strives to make a positive impact on overall Sync department priorities and projects
In the position, the Sync Clearance & Licensing Manager would:
- Proactively handle sync licensing requests and approvals while liaising with songwriters and managers, film/TV and advertising clients, and co-rights holders
- Manage the tracking and updating of sync licensing requests and fees/terms
- Research rights to songs/recordings, and liaise with internal copyright department and third-party administrators on other sync-related tasks for new catalog ingestion
- Develop a working knowledge of our classic and contemporary catalog, and make song suggestions to licensees and teammates (though this particular role not a creative/pitching position)
- Assist in department and company projects as needed
- Be a key part of a collaborative team
Location: Los Angeles
Compensation package includes salary, benefits and 401k.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST / AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT
Essential Functions: To develop and execute innovative digital marketing campaigns for our company and artist roster. More specifically, responsibilities will include the following:
• Develop overall digital strategy and build/execute innovative campaigns to further our artists’ data capture, sales, and advertising goals, and react to social analytics in order to improve the success of these campaigns.
• Develop creative out of the box ideas and campaigns.
• Create and manage internal communication decks as required.
• Create social media content calendars and monitor social media pages.
• Direct and manage relations with internal digital team as well as 3rd party partners and agency clients.
• Using insights, analytics, and consumer insights to inform effective marketing initiatives and decisions.
• Direct and approve creative processes for all internal and external marketing collateral.
• Work closely with internal talent management and publishing teams to develop and maximize opportunities.
• Manage and/or liaise with artist web properties, e-commerce stores with any updates, SEO optimization and keyword usage.
• Track and interpret data to compile reports for clients and others as needed.
• Assess new technologies, partners and develop new opportunities.
• Manage digital paid media campaigns with media agency, agents, and labels.
• Manage email marketing communications for artists throughout projects.
• Assist with basic in-house graphic design and video editing needs across all Primary Wave departments.
• Ensure best practices are used with attention to new digital trends and platform updates.
Qualifications/Skills and Education Required:
Ideal candidate should possess –
• 3+ years’ experience working in the music or entertainment fields managing digital marketing campaigns and relationships with digital and social partners.
• Passion for music, social media, lifestyle blogs, and discovers new music in interesting ways.
• Reads blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, installs every new app just to try it out
• You are excited by a collaborative high-volume work environment
• Must be comfortable working in an environment with many changeable demands and priorities, requiring scheduling flexibility, positive demeanor and a “can do” attitude.
• A passion for music and live events, interest in understanding how content performs, leveraging available platforms and data.
• Natural storyteller who understands the brand DNA, voice, and aesthetics.
• Strong organizational and copywriting skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, including grammar and spelling.
• Adept in Photoshop, Video Editing Programs (Final Cut Pro, Premiere, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and Basic HTML experience is a major bonus.
• Entrepreneurial mindset.
• Able to read and react to trends in the social and online space.
• Able to read basic analytics and develop plans and content in reaction to what the data observed is telling them.
• Strong presentation skills (both written and spoken), creativity and adaptability.
• Demonstrated ability to develop content for online use.
• Experience writing copy and creation of photo/video content.
Location: NY Office
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind who will be responsible for full-cycle accounts payable, accounts receivable, balance sheet reconciliations, data entry, GL coding, and month-end closing processes. This role reports to the Fund Controller.
As the Staff Accountant, we will rely on you to successfully perform the following duties:
- Accounts Payable – expense report reconciliations, coding, and processing vendor invoices to enter approval queue. Researching and resolving vendor invoice and payment issues. Other A/P-related duties as needed
- Accounts Receivable – invoicing clients as needed, reconciling payments received, and assisting the income tracking team in following up on receivables
- Performing bank account, credit card, and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Journal Entries/Month-End Closing – Working with the Fund Controller to book month-end entries such as expense accruals, prepaid and other close entries, and running Financial Statements
- Monitoring and maintaining an impeccable internal control environment
- Handling year-end tax reporting requirements such as 1099 and 1042 filings
- Performing ad-hoc special projects as needed
- Communicating regularly and effectively with management to ensure accuracy of real-time decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 3+ years of relevant finance work experience
- A solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles required
- Experience with enterprise software; experience with Sage Intacct and other AP systems a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines with varying degrees of pressure and able to handle confidential information responsibly
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $50,000 to $75,000 depending on candidate’s skill sets, years of experience, education, and other job-related factors.