Digital Design Intern (Summer 2019) (New York, NY)
Primary Wave Entertainment is seeking college students to participate in our internship program in either the New York or Los Angeles office. The Digital Design Intern will produce marketing content for Primary Wave clients including social media graphics, ads, and gifs, and will work closely with the digital marketing department to assist with social media campaigns.
- Graphic Design, Fine Art, or Visual Communications majors preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience in photo retouching
- Experience with HTML layout and/or email layout preferred
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate music fan and interest in the music business
- Assist with the creation of social media and website assets
- Create designs for digital marketing campaigns
- Resizing files and manipulating assets for production
- Brainstorm unique and engaging concepts to assist the marketing department with campaign creation
- Develop branding material including templates for presentations and reports
Assignment: Come up with a Social media tactic for your favorite artist, album coming out, an upcoming tour, etc.
Email your resume and assignment above to ResumeSubmissions@primarywave.com
Music Intern (Summer 2019)
Primary Wave Entertainment seeks college students to participate in our internship program in either the New York or Los Angeles office.
This Internship is separated into Three focuses. Please see below for a breakdown of requirements and responsibilities:
– Assisting in organizing and updating artists sheets and the latest SoundScan figures.
– Supporting the Management team in making sure deadlines are met and campaigns come together.
– Passion for discovering new talent and managing a music label
– An understanding or strong interest in the processes to get music to a consumer
Assignment: Choose an upcoming artist and create a management plan.
– Gathering song streaming performance data and analyzing roster and catalog information
– Measuring audience sizes and following of various labels, publishers and specific artists
– Must have a general understanding of music publishing, copyright and pop songwriting
– Must have a strong knowledge of New Media and the New Music Business
– Previous work experience with record labels and/or music publishers is appreciated
– Familiar with PRS, BMI, ASCAP
Assignment: Create a Playlist of up and coming artists, pick 1 artist and devise a plan to pitch and promote them.
– Data entry and cleaning up artist information.
– Researching master/sync license owners and publishing info listed on PRS sites
– Listening to and digesting music for tagging purposes for Ingesting.
– Must have strong knowledge of copyrights and publishing, and synchronization license.
– Must have a clear understanding of the difference between compositions and master recording.
– Familiar with PRS’s.
Assignment: Choose your favorite film, TV show, ad, or game and describe what you like about the music, what about it stands out.
Once you select the focus, please send resumes and assignments to ResumeSubmissions@PrimaryWave.com