Director of Strategic Marketing
Primary Wave is looking for a dynamic executive to join our growing company in the music publishing and artist management business. The brand team’s role is to build on our artist legacy’s, develop brand partnerships that introduce our artist and their music to a younger demographic. We seek out marketing platforms to scale and amplify key anniversaries with each of our artists as well as explore the development of new IP’s around the name/likeness and/or copyrights for each catalog. We are highly driven, team-oriented, with a fully collaborative approach to driving new business. It’s our responsibility to define the brand strategy for each of our artists and build on new opportunities that drive revenues into Primary Wave and for the artist.
- Strategic, proactive, self-motivated, and innovative
- Creative mindset with the ability to develop new marketing concepts with independent thinking
- Strong drive, excitement to close new partnerships and generate revenues in the corporate brand space
- Possess a list of brand contacts and agency relations is a plus but not mandatory
- Publishing and music experience is not required but could be helpful
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- High-energy and passion for working with legendary music, estates, and artists
Apply with your resume firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media & Influencer Marketing Specialist
Primary Wave seeks an Social Media and Influencer Marketing Specialist to help market its rapidly growing portfolio of iconic music rights. As Influencer Marketing Specialist, your main focus will be identifying trends across platforms; namely: TikTok, Triller, Instagram, Youtube, etc. as they emerge and driving best-in-class strategy and execution to leverage and integrate our artist and song catalog with. As our company culture and environment is incredibly collaborative, you will work hand in hand with our digital, brand and synch teams.
If you love new challenges daily and consider yourself a “digital influencer and content marketing ninja” roles and responsibilities include:
• Develop and lead overarching strategy and day-to-day execution to increase song catalog awareness and drive content development and marketing initiatives across short form video social media platforms
• Ability to identify musical trends in the marketplace and anticipate those which will achieve significant fan bases.
• Source, onboard, and manage day-to-day communication with paid influencers and influencer networks who align with brand and marketing objectives
• Leverage influencer channel performance data to guide strategic thinking and decision making
• Manage relationships directly with talent, influencer agencies, talent agencies, and all third-party partners
• Work with digital team to create and build audience with key artist accounts and ensure that our influencers and ambassadors are promoting relevant content
• Maintain campaign and weekly reporting across various key performance indicators including engagement, reach, customer acquisition cost and more
• Create all the CRM flow to build strong influencer campaign
• Facilitate tastemaker/ambassador campaigns around tentpole catalog
• Manage recommendations based on reports and analytics of different social tools and platforms
• Brainstorm new, creative approaches to influencer campaigns
• Stay ahead of emerging trends, technologies and influencers
Bring Your Wave – Rockstar candidates will have these Qualifications/Skills:
– Passion for music, social media, lifestyle blogs, and discovers new music in interesting ways.
– You have at least two (2) year experience in influencer marketing in the music industry, brand or agency, talent relations
– You have a track record of launching and or scaling influencer marketing programs
– Network of meaningful relationships in the influencer and agency community.
– Person reads blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, installs every new app just to try it out
– You are a great communicator and can handle multiple projects at once
– Stay on top of trends and knowledgeable of all major social platforms
-You use data to inform your decision making and strategic planning
– You are a problem solver who has a passion for serving others and the patience to stay calm under pressure
– You are excited by a collaborative high-volume work environment
– You are organized, analytical and detail oriented
– Has a passion for leveraging the Internet to drive artist careers and revenue.
– Understands how to optimize content across social platforms
– Creative vision and fearless appetite for marketing innovation.
To apply email: Jobs@PrimaryWave.com
Manager, Business & Legal Affairs (New York, NY)
We seek an enthusiastic music business attorney with an entrepreneurial mindset to join Primary Wave’s Business & Legal Affairs department. This role will be full-time with a flexible in-office and remote work schedule, and will support our team on matters spanning all areas of the company.
• 2-5 years of relevant music industry experience, with at least 2 as an attorney (in-house or private practice)
• New York State Bar admission
• Strong abilities to multi-task, organize, and communicate complex information in a condensed and effective manner, work thoroughly but efficiently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and offer creative, practical, and business-minded solutions to legal issues
• Working knowledge of the music business, and music publishing and master recording rights
• Experience with analysis of music publishing and recording contracts, music contract administration, and drafting and negotiating music and other transactional documents
Prior (i) business affairs, copyright department, or contract management roles, (ii) exposure to film, television, live stage or other original content development, production, and/or licensing, and (ii) corporate law training are not required, but all a plus
• Negotiating and drafting contracts (including non-disclosure, license, artist management, co-publishing and administration, and branding/sponsorship agreements)
• Coordinating and conducting catalog acquisition due diligence and preparing asset schedules
• Managing contracts for Primary Wave’s existing catalogs
• Promptly responding to requests from a variety of Primary Wave departments, including with regard to contract option renewals, implementation of letters of direction, sync, interpolation, and other use approvals and licenses, and royalty audit rights
• Staying current on copyright and other legal issues affecting music assets and/or Primary Wave’s contractual rights
• Maintaining contract and document resource files
The compensation package includes salary, benefits, and 401k. Covid-19 vaccination required.
To apply, please email cover note and resume to: apply-BA@primarywave.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind who will be responsible for full-cycle accounts payable, accounts receivable, balance sheet reconciliations, data entry, GL coding, and month-end closing processes. This role reports to the Fund Controller.
As the Staff Accountant, we will rely on you to successfully perform the following duties:
- Accounts Payable – expense report reconciliations, coding, and processing vendor invoices to enter approval queue. Researching and resolving vendor invoice and payment issues. Other A/P-related duties as needed
- Accounts Receivable – invoicing clients as needed, reconciling payments received, and assisting the income tracking team in following up on receivables
- Performing bank account, credit card, and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Journal Entries/Month-End Closing – Working with the Fund Controller to book month-end entries such as expense accruals, prepaid and other close entries, and running Financial Statements
- Monitoring and maintaining an impeccable internal control environment
- Handling year-end tax reporting requirements such as 1099 and 1042 filings
- Performing ad-hoc special projects as needed
- Communicating regularly and effectively with management to ensure accuracy of real-time decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 3+ years of relevant finance work experience
- A solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles required
- Experience with enterprise software; experience with Sage Intacct and other AP systems a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines with varying degrees of pressure and able to handle confidential information responsibly
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
To apply click HERE