Primary Wave on

*Audio also managed in Spotify App

Ride The Wave! Sign up for our Mailing List for updates.

* indicates required


Do you accept unsolicited music for review?

No. We only accept material from our contracted writers or from legal or business representatives known to us. We are not permitted to review any songs or accept any packages that are submitted otherwise.


I want to record and release a song that is owned by Primary Wave. What steps must be taken to obtain the necessary mechanical license?

Please click here to contact our licensing department.


How can I find out the writer(s) of a particular song?

Via our search page, which lists the writers for all of Primary Wave’s songs.


What is the difference between publishing and master licensing?

When you license the publishing, you are licensing a song copyright. Master licensing involves licensing a particular sound recording. Under normal circumstances, you would have to license both. In most cases, our site will tell you who owns the master recording(s) for a particular song.


I would like to sample a Primary Wave published work. What is the procedure?

Please click here to contact our licensing department.


I would like to license a Primary Wave published work for use in an advertisement/TV/film. What should I do?

Please click here to contact our licensing department.


Who do I contact for general inquiries or if I’m having trouble with this site?

Please click here to contact us.


What type of licenses are needed for music licensing?

  • A synchronization license is needed to synchronize music with a video image. This license is also called a “sync license”. You would need to secure a sync license to use a Primary Wave Music copyright in Film, TV, Commercials, Video/DVD, Videogames, Trailers/Promos, etc.
  • A mechanical license is needed if you want to record and distribute a Primary Wave Music copyright on either a physical album (CD, cassette, vinyl, etc.) or via digital delivery.
  • A live stage production license is needed if you would like to use a Primary Wave Music copyright in a live stage production.
  • A derivative work license is needed for Samples, Translations, Parodies, and all other proposed Derivative Works using Primary Wave Music copyrights. A derivative work license will only be issued after Primary Wave Music receives and reviews audio of the proposed derivative work. In other words, you need permission from us in order to create a derivative work.
  • A master use license is required, in addition to the license from Primary Wave Music, if you wish to use an original/master recording of a song. The owner of such recording is usually the record label. We will be pleased to work with prospective licensees of Primary Wave Music compositions to help arrange for master use licenses.